Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Diva's weekly challenge #143

"UMT v.XXII - Cruze"  This week's Use My Tangle challenge is "Cruze" by CZT Caren Mlot.  You can see the step outs for this tangle on her blog, Tangle Mania

Diva Challenge #143 / Carol Graham / Tankled Inklings
Diva's Challenge #143

I have followed Laura Harm's I Am The Diva blog for quite some time.  I usually try the challenges, but this is the first time I have posted one of my tiles.  Challenge #142 was to find your comfort zone, and move beyond it into the Danger Zone.  Well . . . I wimped out, and didn't even try it.  So I figured since posting a tile was WAY out of my comfort zone - this'll make up for missing last week.  And I'm gonna try to make it a habit.

10 comments:

  1. Nice, I like it, keep posting tiles for the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily - I'm sure going to try!

      Delete
  2. Great to see you here, hope you will be back!
    Your tile is very 'bold and beautiful'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tile is lovely! It´s has a nice depth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've Umblized Cruze, beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne, Lonetta & Daniele - I appreciate such a warm welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of your comfort zone?! Are you kidding me?! THIS IS FANTASTIC! Please let these comments be encouragement to continue expanding your boundaries & sharing your work with others. Like you, I lurked The Diva's Challenges for quite a while & participated in private; but once I finally decided to start posting & sharing I got more & more confident & encouraged & motivated. Be more like your above tile - bold & confident!

    By the way, your interpretation of the UMT Cruze challenge is really great! I hope to see you around more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Kathryn. The idea that real people (besides my family & friends) might actually visit my blog, was really unnerving to me. But I am realizing that this community of folks who are drawn to Zentangle (no pun intended!) - are pretty awesome people. It hasn't been nearly as scary as I imagined :o)

      Delete
  7. How fun to see the way you shorten the cruze to make a knot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I filled several pages in my sketchbook playing with this tangle. I tried all different lengths and widths - it's pretty versatile. I thought it would make a really cool frame - but haven't quite figured out how to make it turn a corner gracefully :o) I LOVED the circle Kathryn Behrends did with it . . . and now I've filled even MORE pages with Cruze Circles!!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Please be patient for your comment to appear. Cheers!