Saturday, 1 March 2014

awesome year!


I am in the midst of an Awesome Year . . . quite literally!

I am participating in Joanne Sharpe's online workshop, Draw Your Awesome Year.  I am having an absolute blast, but I have been consumed with my journal - often neglecting pretty much everything else.  You know, stuff like dusting and vacuuming, grocery shopping, and every once and awhile - eating!  

One of my goals for the month January was to lose 5 pounds.  I lost 7, and there's a real good chance that was due to drawing and painting instead of snacking!

Carol Graham, Tangled Inklings, http://tangledinklings.blogspot.ca/
Title page of my Awesome Year journal
Though I haven't been doing tiles or keeping up with the Diva's Challenge, I have been tangling.  Zentangle is an awesome part of my awesome life, and makes regular appearances on the pages of my journal.  In fact, I think my life would be considerably less awesome without it!

And speaking of awesome, there are some pretty awesome artists participating in this class, including a super-talented CZT12 classmate of mine, Kathie Gadd.  There's a fantastic Facebook group where people post their work - and the talent out there just blows me away!  It is a wee-bit intimidated, but a whole-lot inspiring.

The class is self-paced, and designed to just jump in where you are.  While I started when it kicked off in January, people can join and start anytime.  I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. GREAT post, AWESOME cover page for DYAY book, and Thank You so much for the shout-out! I agree... what would we do without our love of Tangles to bring us back to earth and make it all feel right again? Really looking forward to seeing more of your drawings, and this reminds me to perhaps post mine too! : ) Hugs Carol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at ya, Kathie! I am SO loving Joanne's class. Can't wait to see more of your pages!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Please be patient for your comment to appear. Cheers!